School-level Teachers of the Year are:
- Madelyn Carmical, FACES Prekindergarten Center/Leaps and Bounds;
- Glandly Murray, Altama Elementary School;
- Stephanie Berry Dunson, Burroughs-Molette Elementary School;
- Angela Keithcart, Glyndale Elementary School;
- Brett Baxter, Golden Isles Elementary School;
- Samantha Hayes, Goodyear Elementary School;
- Mead Herndon, Greer Elementary School;
- Margaret Mimbs, Oglethorpe Point Elementary School;
- Aimee Stewart, St. Simons Elementary School;
- Christie Robbins, Satilla Marsh Elementary School;
- Gabriella Benton, Sterling Elementary School;
- Dana Carroll, Glynn Middle School;
- Melanie Weese, Jane Macon Middle School;
- Waukeshia Gant, Needwood Middle School;
- Danny Benton, Risley Middle School;
- Erica Grady, Brunswick High School;
- Paige Browning, Glynn Academy;
- Haley Meredith, Golden Isles Career Academy; and
- Joyce Hankerson McClendon, Glynn Learning Center (Alternative Program).
School-level Teachers of the Year were selected by their peers to represent their school in the county program. Finalists will be named from the school-level Teachers of the Year and a panel of retired educators will observe each finalist in his or her classroom before selecting the county Teacher of the Year. The formal announcement will be made at a ceremony and reception in November.
The Glynn County Teacher of the Year will represent the county in the Georgia Department of Education’s Teacher of the Year program. The educator selected acts as an ambassador for Georgia public school teachers, systems and students. The 2022-23 Georgia Teacher of the Year will be announced at a banquet in Atlanta next spring.
NOTE: Photos are listed, from left to right, in the order of the names on the list above.